Aloha from.............

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Our Hawaiian home


So this the view from our new home. I would have posted earlier but I has been what felt like forever getting all the unpacking finished. With Shane off all day playing chief games with the other little boys, I've had the job of doing all this alone. So really the only time I've had to get any work done is when Gus is sleeping........much to my dismay is not as often as it used to be. The move severly screwed up his schedule.
We have had a hard time getting the locals to dish out info about the right ways to fish here. I think it is because I'm a wahini (white girl) but whatever the case they've had a great deal of fun giving long explainations to my questions that really are not helpful. Don't let me give you the impression that these people are ugly or anything.......they have been very nice. Guess they just need to give us a hard time about something. Anyway, this morning I went out and fished off the dock. I caught my very first Hawaiian fish, a 2 foot hammerhead shark. I can not prove this however because I was the only one here. I'll swear on my mother's good name though.
Anyway, as soon as the house gets but in proper order, I will take pictures and start posting those too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.gvisit.com/record.php?sid=67a1b4d4275191c3a3dae7803e21c896" type="text/javascript">